Warrior Duel Academy
Welcome to Warrior Duel Academy!
Please register and then log into the chatbox and ask for a test.
Read the Starter Guide first.
We hope you have a pleasant stay here
From your Chancellor
Alexis Rhodes

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Warrior Duel Academy
Welcome to Warrior Duel Academy!
Please register and then log into the chatbox and ask for a test.
Read the Starter Guide first.
We hope you have a pleasant stay here
From your Chancellor
Alexis Rhodes
Warrior Duel Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Menu
Latest topics
» Staff Application
Interesting thing I learned about book of moon I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2014 4:38 pm by Shinichi Kudo

» Farewell Everyone
Interesting thing I learned about book of moon I_icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2014 2:21 am by Jesse Anderson

» Exodia Lottery
Interesting thing I learned about book of moon I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 3:01 am by Alexis Rhodes

» Hacker Awareness Announcement
Interesting thing I learned about book of moon I_icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 3:00 am by Konan Fudo

» Affiliation request
Interesting thing I learned about book of moon I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 5:51 am by Jesse Anderson

» Is that Azneyes?
Interesting thing I learned about book of moon I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 6:14 am by Jesse Anderson

» Hey! Look! Listen!
Interesting thing I learned about book of moon I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 2:37 pm by Shinichi Kudo

» Hello I'm wattronics
Interesting thing I learned about book of moon I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 5:56 am by Newcomer 1

» KeyBlader78's Test Results
Interesting thing I learned about book of moon I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 5:00 am by Keyblader78

Top posting users this month
No user

Large Chatbox
Large Chatbox

Affiliates
TITLE

Interesting thing I learned about book of moon

4 posters

Go down

Interesting thing I learned about book of moon Empty Interesting thing I learned about book of moon

Post by (TPB)KuriMaster Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:55 pm

So, I kinda learned a trick to this ruling on book of moon. Player 1(me) summons REDMD. I activate its its effect to target light pulsar in grave and attempt to summon it. Player 2 (My opponent) chains Fiendish chain to REDMD, Player 1(me) chain book of moon. Chain link 1 Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon, Chain link 2: Fiendish Chain, then Chain link 3 Book of moon.

So this is how it works if you resolve it backwards: Book of moon flips it face down, fiendish chain does not negate its effect since its required to be face up on the field to be targeted as according to the card text and then finally red-eyes will resolve due to the reason that red-eyes does not have to be face up on the field to resolve its effect.

I double checked to look into it according to the several sites on Google i researched. Including Pojo and yugioh wiki and my knowledge on PSCT (problem-solving card text). I thought this ruling was very interesting and really was neat i learned a way to get around fiendish chain with red-eyes and book of moon Very Happy

Note: if you activate fiendish on time of summon the book of moon trick will not work.

(TPB)KuriMaster

Back to top Go down

Interesting thing I learned about book of moon Empty Re: Interesting thing I learned about book of moon

Post by Shinichi Kudo Sat Apr 12, 2014 11:52 pm

Note if you activate fiendish on summon, the book of moon trick will work, because fiendish chain doesn't prevent activations, and when REDMD would resolve in that scenario the same logic for the first applies, he is no longer face up on the field and therefore fiendish chain has lost it's target and REDMD will resolve with effect since it doesn't state it needs to remain face-up to resolve
Shinichi Kudo
Shinichi Kudo

Back to top Go down

Interesting thing I learned about book of moon Empty Re: Interesting thing I learned about book of moon

Post by stardustdragon!1 Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:23 am

cool albino

stardustdragon!1

Back to top Go down

Post by (TPB)KuriMaster Sun Apr 13, 2014 6:36 am

Shinichi Kudo wrote:Note if you activate fiendish on summon, the book of moon trick will work, because fiendish chain doesn't prevent activations, and when REDMD would resolve in that scenario the same logic for the first applies, he is no longer face up on the field and therefore fiendish chain has lost it's target and REDMD will resolve with effect since it doesn't state it needs to remain face-up to resolve

Wow learned something new, book of moon has its uses. Imma look more into it though.

(TPB)KuriMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinichi Kudo Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:03 am

Also fun fact, if necrovalley is on the field, and you have REDMD with a monster to special summon in grave, and hand, you have to pick a monster in hand when it resolves (if necrovalley doesn't get negated / destroyed prior to REDMD Resolution).

Shinichi Kudo
Shinichi Kudo

Back to top Go down

Post by Magma Golem (Pyro) Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:23 am

another trick that ik with this old school spell card is if your opponent uses book of moon on your monster on a separate turn the your monster was summon you can just flip summon the same monster.
Magma Golem (Pyro)
Magma Golem (Pyro)

Back to top Go down

Post by (TPB)KuriMaster Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:25 pm

true story

(TPB)KuriMaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum